New ask Hacker News story: MITx is ending access to its courses for learners in Iran on September 8

MITx is ending access to its courses for learners in Iran on September 8
4 by mahdihabibi | 1 comments on Hacker News.
I received an email from MITx today saying that, following changes announced by the U.S. Department of the Treasury on August 24, MITx will no longer be able to provide course access or related services to people in Iran or ordinarily resident in Iran. The cutoff is September 8, 2026. This is just sad. MITOCW has been my primary resource for learning engineering math and has been absolutely amazing. I wonder if I can keep using it using a VPN. And what will happen to those who already enrolled in a course?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How can Utilize Call Center Outsourcing for Increase your Business Income well?

New ask Hacker News story: EVM-UI – visual tool to interact with EVM-based smart contracts