New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Going to oncology (just for adjuvant chemo) how to prepare mentally?

Ask HN: Going to oncology (just for adjuvant chemo) how to prepare mentally?
6 by RicoElectrico | 4 comments on Hacker News.
I had an orchidectomy due to a non-seminoma. Because of the histopathology results, just to be safe I'm going to have 1 round of adjuvant chemo (BEP regimen) in 10 days. There was no metastasis detected - I am essentially healthy at this point, it is done out of abundance of caution given how the cancer cells spread outside the tumor (still all within the excised tissue). However I am afraid the human suffering on the oncology ward will hit me hard. Already, when waiting for a PET scan, seeing a bald 6-year-old kid made me feel uneasy. What to do? How not to lose sanity?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New ask Hacker News story: Tell HN: Equifax free credit report dark patterns

New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Why can't the US government run their own social media?