New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Did HN just get hacked and leak passwords?

Ask HN: Did HN just get hacked and leak passwords?
15 by gt565k | 2 comments on Hacker News.
Got an email security alert from gmail about someone logging into an old forgotten gmail account with my actual password. Well, that gmail account was one I hadn't used in years as I was going to replace it with my HN profile contact email, but never did. I often create a burner gmail account for social media accounts and use the same password as the social media login. I've changed my passwords, but figured I'd ask here to warn others of a possible security breach.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New ask Hacker News story: Brother Printers Sending Ink Data to Amazon?

New ask Hacker News story: Tell HN: Equifax free credit report dark patterns