New ask Hacker News story: Tell HN: My Webcam works in Manjaro, not Windows 11

Tell HN: My Webcam works in Manjaro, not Windows 11
3 by 999900000999 | 3 comments on Hacker News.
And I've given up on figuring out why. I just brought a new Asus laptop with a AMD 300 series processor. https://ift.tt/bR1xBlw First I tried to move my old windows install, after wasting 5 hours on trying to get things I reinstalled. I ran into a really weird issue where Linux mint tried to install, then said it couldn't because of BitLocker. OK, no problem let me resize the Windows drive. After that , I found it keep erroring out on some weird import_mok_state() error. So I turned off SecureBoot, Linux Mint still refused to install. Alright, Manjaro to the rescue, and for some reason the webcam works while it doesn't in Windows. I actually prefer Linux Mint/Ubuntu , but I'm tried of fighting with the installer. Got NodeJS and VSCode installed so I'm ready for my next interview...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New ask Hacker News story: Brother Printers Sending Ink Data to Amazon?

New ask Hacker News story: Tell HN: Equifax free credit report dark patterns