New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Why does Google ignore their own recovery process?

Ask HN: Why does Google ignore their own recovery process?
3 by caseyf7 | 1 comments on Hacker News.
I'm so tired of Gmail requiring me to verify using my account recovery information and then deciding to ignore it when I get it right. I'm using the same device, browser (but not Chrome), and IP address that I've used for years. I'm getting the recovery code and entering it correctly. Also performing an insane amount of Captchas. At the end of this, it still won't let me in. This happens so often and will not work until I wait a few more days. Then my password magically works using the same device, browser, etc. What is wrong with Google?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New ask Hacker News story: Brother Printers Sending Ink Data to Amazon?

New ask Hacker News story: Tell HN: Equifax free credit report dark patterns