New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: How to create a portfolio without design skills?

Ask HN: How to create a portfolio without design skills?
3 by CM30 | 2 comments on Hacker News.
Okay, I've realised recently that not having a portfolio isn't exactly ideal if you're working in tech, especially given how many jobs seem to expect it now. So I've been planning out a personal site with portfolio, blog, etc to actually list the things I've been working on in one place. Unfortunately, there's one problem I'm running into. That being, my art/design skills are basically nonexistent. Regardless of how many attempts I make at designing websites or apps, design just does not come naturally at all, and even thinking of how to lay out a UI feels impossible without outright copying others. So how do you create a site with no design skills at all? The development side of things isn't really an issue, and I'm willing to learn whatever tech is needed for that side of things, but actually designing it is proving a challenge. I also don't really have any designer friends willing to work for free/cheap, so I'm not sure who to call on here. What do other non artistic developers at Hacker News do for personal site and portfolio designs?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New ask Hacker News story: Brother Printers Sending Ink Data to Amazon?

New ask Hacker News story: Tell HN: Equifax free credit report dark patterns