New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Stripe Atlas messed up my 83B election what do I do?

Ask HN: Stripe Atlas messed up my 83B election what do I do?
5 by nickls | 2 comments on Hacker News.
Formed my new startup with Stripe Atlas which had worked well in the past. I used their auto 83b feature to mail in our 83b elections, the UI updated and said everything was good. I received an email update > Great news! Your 83(b) election was filed on time. I go to get a copy of my EIN letter and notice that the atlas UI has updated to: > Your IRS 83(b) election deadline has passed. > We’ve noticed it’s taking longer than normal for USPS to deliver your 83(b) election. Not to worry, you’ve successfully filed on time (it’s based on the postmark date, not delivery date). The Proof of Timely Election letter and USPS tracking site both say the letter is "In Transit To Next Facility, Arriving Late". This letter was sent over a month ago. What are my options now? * Contact the IRS to see if it was delivered * Continue with my equity in a non-tax advantaged status * Dissolve and reform the company * Talk to a talk lawyer and figure out some tax trickery. Has anyone had to deal with this before?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New ask Hacker News story: Brother Printers Sending Ink Data to Amazon?

New ask Hacker News story: Tell HN: Equifax free credit report dark patterns