New ask Hacker News story: Who do I trust and why? Digital Ocean, Google Chrome and Motion Sensors

Who do I trust and why? Digital Ocean, Google Chrome and Motion Sensors
2 by lemonberry | 1 comments on Hacker News.
I just logged into Digital Ocean to update some DNS records. I notice a new icon in the address bar that looks like it represents radar or radio waves with a red square and a white x in it. When I click it I get "This site has been blocked from accessing your motion sensors". Why would Digital Ocean be trying to access my motion sensors? According to this article it's to get more information about users. https://ift.tt/2YLX3Ir. Of all the companies I deal with Digital Ocean never would have crossed my mind as one that I have to be concerned with regarding privacy issues. Veil lifted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Releasing code under AGPLv3, but want to block LLM reconstruction?