New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: What do embedded engineers do?

Ask HN: What do embedded engineers do?
11 by meekasan | 6 comments on Hacker News.
I would very much like to transition to doing more embedded type software that is closer to interfacing directly with hardware, but my only experience in this has been writing code for Arduino, different Raspberry Pi flavors, and sometimes the ESP8266. I really enjoy doing these kinds of projects but through all the effort of making it as easy as possible for people to write, compile, and use code on these embedded chips I've never gotten the sense that people would be willing to pay me to do similar type of work. I'm not under the impression that writing firmware or doing lower level programming is all like this, so I would like to hear what kinds of projects and challenges people who may have actually been employed doing work like this have come across. Was it interesting work? Is this type of software engineering in demand?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New ask Hacker News story: Tell HN: Equifax free credit report dark patterns

New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Why can't the US government run their own social media?