New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: How did you replace Teleport?

Ask HN: How did you replace Teleport?
3 by speedgoose | 0 comments on Hacker News.
Teleport is a good software if you can't configure your SSH servers with Kerberos, or can't figure out Kubernetes' millions of authentication and authorisations solutions. Unfortunately, the Teleport open-source version has been discontinued and the free version doesn't allow companies above 100 employees or with more than 10 million dollars of revenue per year. Fair enough, everyone should live well. But Teleport Enterprise is very expensive and I have been priced out. I don't know if I can share the price behind the "contact sales" but if you wonder about the price, you probably are too poor. In my case, it's quite a few orders of magnitude more than the time Teleport saves me. So, I have been looking for a replacement that is open-source and likely to stay open-source for a while. I can pay for it, but I don't have a "contact us" budget. For HTTPS, I never used Teleport and will stay with oauth2-proxy. For SSH, I found warpgate and sshportal, which may work but it looks a bit experimental. For Kubernetes, it's a mess but perhaps kubelogin could do. If you replaced Teleport, how did you do it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New ask Hacker News story: Tell HN: Equifax free credit report dark patterns

New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Why can't the US government run their own social media?