New ask Hacker News story: What's hiring like these days?

What's hiring like these days?
5 by pmotive | 3 comments on Hacker News.
I work for a, uhh, large semiconductor company and am successful and like the work but they are frankly offering me too much money to "retire" early I almost can't turn it down. But I would want to find more work within a few months. I'm 51 and have been at the company for 27 years, in areas ranging from IT enterprise full stack development to design engineering automation to C++ driver development these days. What's it like to come out of the protective, motherly embrace of the corporate world these days for a middle aged person, how is the job market for remote or hybrid work?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New ask Hacker News story: Brother Printers Sending Ink Data to Amazon?

New ask Hacker News story: Tell HN: Equifax free credit report dark patterns