New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Would you use an AI that makes calls and sends emails for you?

Ask HN: Would you use an AI that makes calls and sends emails for you?
2 by tikkun | 2 comments on Hacker News.
I'm considering building an AI assistant that can handles research tasks by making calls and sending emails. It would be a virtual research assistant available 24/7. Some potential uses: - Call restaurants to confirm they don't use certain ingredients - Contact experts or influencers in various fields - Email vendors of a specific type for product specs - Call vendors to get updated prices and availability - Find 30 leads for customer development for exploring a new market segment Example: "Find 5 restaurants within 10 miles that don't use these oils in their cooking." AI: "Hi, I'm [AI name], an AI assistant for [user name]. I'm researching restaurants that don't use certain oils. Could you please confirm if you use these oils in your cooking? I'm compiling this information for my boss." My experience: I used to have a research assistant and this type of outreach/call/email research was something they helped with. I don't work with them any more, but I miss getting their help on outreach research projects. I think an AI could many of these tasks in 20 minutes, running multiple queries in parallel. Questions for HN: 1. What time-consuming research tasks do you do manually now? 2. What would make you trust an AI to handle these for you? 3. Have you used a VA/EA/PA before? I think the main challenge is that I don't need to do this kind of research that often. I think certain kinds of users might need it a lot more frequently though. I'm especially interested in hearing from founders, researchers, journalists, and other people who frequently need to gather specific information.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New ask Hacker News story: Brother Printers Sending Ink Data to Amazon?

New ask Hacker News story: Tell HN: Equifax free credit report dark patterns