New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: What's day-to-day experience of startups going through YC?

Ask HN: What's day-to-day experience of startups going through YC?
3 by SaaSRider | 0 comments on Hacker News.
I saw YC is doing Fall batch for the first time. I never applied but I am genuinely impressed with what YC has able to achieve and enormous impact it has on startup ecosystem. I have bootstrapped a SaaS product that makes around $40k per month. We are profitable. We never took VC money. But, now we are considering applying to YC. I would be interested in getting mentorship from top founders and people who have on path from 1 -> 10. Since there many YC founders here, I will fire my questions. Feel free to respond with your experience. 1. Are there daily standups or progress reports? 2. How often do you meet mentors and advisors? 3. Do advisors force you to seek PMF or pivot? Who makes the decision to Pivot, if necessary? 4. Can you attend session remotely if necessary? 5. Do you have to be in SF all 12 to 15 week you are part of the program? Are there any exceptions? 6. If answer to #5 is yes, how do you talk to potential users or customers? 7. What happens if you don't find PMF or good number of users/customers by demo day? While we have revenue, I am not sure whether VCs will consider we have found PMF. I would appreciate if you can respond when you get a chance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New ask Hacker News story: Brother Printers Sending Ink Data to Amazon?

New ask Hacker News story: Tell HN: Equifax free credit report dark patterns