New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Tired of software career. What now?

Ask HN: Tired of software career. What now?
46 by purple-leafy | 56 comments on Hacker News.
I work as a fullstack developer. Mostly doing frontend. I’m sick of the mess of tooling, of the colleagues who code these giant spaghetti messes, I’m tired of standups. I’m tired of the codebase, and I don’t care about what we are building. But most or all I’m tired of all the minutiae. I just feel like what we are working on, and how we are doing it, is boring as hell. There’s no intellectual stimulation. Is it time to move jobs, or time to move careers? What other careers are good for burnt out developers?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New ask Hacker News story: Brother Printers Sending Ink Data to Amazon?

New ask Hacker News story: Tell HN: Equifax free credit report dark patterns