New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Struggling with poor memory and executive function. What to do?

Ask HN: Struggling with poor memory and executive function. What to do?
2 by regainmemory | 3 comments on Hacker News.
In my late 30s and have always struggled to effectively build a career, network, life. Has only occurred to me that this may due to what seems to be a deficiency in my memory. I've had a wealth of experiences, both good and bad, but few have found their way into my mental models of how the world works, and so I keep making the same mistakes or am unable to effectively navigate my way to a specific goal. From learning new topics & skills, to learning how to network, to learning the dynamics of how an organization and how to navigate various relationships, to making well-reasoned and effective decisions, my mind often feels like mush, totally blinded to the realities of the world. I feel I've been stuck both cognitively and emotionally at a late-teen stage. Poor emotional regulation, difficulties with thinking in nuanced details, constantly flying at 1000 feet. The older I get with no improvement, the more it feels my goals keep drifting farther away. I want to get fit, I want to read more, I want to develop skills, I want to build relationships, I want to be an entrepreneur. These are things many of my colleagues have been working towards for years. It feels like I just wasn't given the playbook, and worse, am incapable of piecing one together. Have any of you dealt with this? Any advice? Are there coaches that can help?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New ask Hacker News story: Brother Printers Sending Ink Data to Amazon?

New ask Hacker News story: Tell HN: Equifax free credit report dark patterns