New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: How to grow concert visuals business?

Ask HN: How to grow concert visuals business?
4 by nuclearsugar | 3 comments on Hacker News.
I'm tired of working full-time at companies that waste my talent and energy. I want to work for myself. As a side hustle for the last few years, I've been designing custom concert visuals and releasing them on a monthly schedule. I've released 48 VJ packs so far and created a following within the niche community of VJs. These VJ performers then remix my visuals into their live performances at concerts. My setup is unique in that you can download every VJ pack by becoming a member on Patreon. I want to take it to the next level and make it into a full-time business but I'm struggling to figure out next steps. It would be helpful to get an outsider's perspective since there are so few people doing this line of work and I feel a bit lost. As far as I can see, there are two routes to go down: 1) Create custom visuals for touring musicians. Should I find a rep or agency to represent me for landing big projects? Should I start reaching out directly to the business managers of musicians? Should I start a company with a partner? 2) Continue making VJ packs for thousands of VJs internationally. Should I move to an annual membership fee instead of a monthly membership fee on Patreon? Should I move to an online shop format instead of a Patreon membership? Biz folk, what am I missing? What am I not considering? Thanks! https://ift.tt/Hxc5suf --- https://ift.tt/Bv3UNZg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New ask Hacker News story: Brother Printers Sending Ink Data to Amazon?

New ask Hacker News story: Tell HN: Equifax free credit report dark patterns