New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: How do you go about finding a job?

Ask HN: How do you go about finding a job?
6 by bobbywilson0 | 1 comments on Hacker News.
The primary way I've found work in the past is usually through my professional network in some way (15+ years experience). I have landed a couple on linkedin (recruiter connections), and a couple through a random recruiter message. I do see lots of jobs posted and I have activated premium so I can see how many apply, and it looks like for the top jobs (faang and hot startups) there are hundreds of applicants just through linkedin. It got me thinking about how many companies actually hire directly through job listings. I know that times are different than in the past, but I'm curious what the HN community's experience has been recently.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New ask Hacker News story: Brother Printers Sending Ink Data to Amazon?

New ask Hacker News story: Tell HN: Equifax free credit report dark patterns