New ask Hacker News story: Tell HN: Fedora Dual Boot didn't work, back to Mint

Tell HN: Fedora Dual Boot didn't work, back to Mint
3 by 999900000999 | 3 comments on Hacker News.
Hi HN, I consider myself a fairly advanced computer user. I've set up numerous EC2 servers from scratch, I've used desktop linux for at least 12 years. But Fedora seriously doesn't want to play nice with Windows 11 on a single drive( not a lot of options on a laptop), I just got tired of fighting with it. I didn't take screenshots, but it kept complaining about a missing efi mount point or something. I'm sure a subject matter expert could tell me what happened. I tried setting aside 500gb of free space, the auto installer couldn't figure it out. But when I switched back to Mint( which is ultimately my go to distro), I just needed to manually create the partition and it just worked. I prefer Linux aside from music creation and gaming. Happy to run it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New ask Hacker News story: Brother Printers Sending Ink Data to Amazon?

New ask Hacker News story: Tell HN: Equifax free credit report dark patterns