New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Transitioning from web dev to more "impactful" tech

Ask HN: Transitioning from web dev to more "impactful" tech
5 by hn_throwaway_99 | 1 comments on Hacker News.
As I enter the latter half of my career, I'm interested in working on problems that I consider more societally impactful. The first half of my career was centered around enterprise software and e-commerce. Nothing wrong with that but at a personal level I certainly didn't get much personal fulfillment from the end goal of what I created. I'm curious if anyone with a background in general "web technologies" is either using their skills on more societally beneficial goals, or has transitioned to other skills in those areas. The kinds of things I'm talking about are anything related to decarbonization (e.g. renewable energy, storage, grid improvements, etc.), curing/treating disease and human ailments, scientific exploration, other environmental improvements, etc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New ask Hacker News story: Brother Printers Sending Ink Data to Amazon?

New ask Hacker News story: Tell HN: Equifax free credit report dark patterns