New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Best books/courses to learn Java core+advanced?

Ask HN: Best books/courses to learn Java core+advanced?
3 by shivajikobardan | 0 comments on Hacker News.
This is my first time teaching. I just graduated in 2020 and have been working as a production support engineer. These are the subjects that I am assigned to teach(each in odd and even semesters) - Java(object oriented concepts+core java+advanced java) This is a 2 semester course Sample contents with reference books here: https://ift.tt/kI7Zuvy - Data Structures and Algorithms(with practical labs in java) This is also a 2 semester courses, this is not "java"ic, but I am going to make them do the labs in java as per the syllabus. I am going through couple of books: - Y. Daniel Liang - Herbert Schildt - Car S. Horstmann, Core Java Volume I and II – Advanced Features, 8th Edition, 2008, Prentice Hall. - Y. Daniel Liang, Introduction to Java Programming, 9th Edition, Comprehensive Version, Pearson/ Prentice Hall. - H. Deitel, P. Deitel. Java How to Program. 7th Edition, 2007, Prentice Hall. Any guidance? This semester, I will be teaching java OOPs/basics, next semester it'll be advanced java then data structures and algorithms in another 2 semesters. PS I feel I myself need to revise my java concepts, so feel free to recommend books/courses to me. I will try my best to do justice to the students who paid tons of money for these classes as this will shape their Software engineering future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New ask Hacker News story: Brother Printers Sending Ink Data to Amazon?

New ask Hacker News story: Tell HN: Equifax free credit report dark patterns