New ask Hacker News story: Tell HN: ChatGPT has become untrustworthy

Tell HN: ChatGPT has become untrustworthy
6 by gtirloni | 2 comments on Hacker News.
This has happened for several weeks now with GPT-4: I ask it how I can do something that I know is possible and just want it to get me the right syntax. It will say "X can't be done with Y but you can use Z, here's how". I know it's possible so I just say to it "I can't believe doing X with Y is not possible" and it immediatelly says "yes, doing X with Y is possible here's now"... and now I don't know if it's just "complying" or if it's really possible or not (maybe something changed and it's not possible anymore?). So now I have to go to Google/Kagi and search it myself to confirm it's giving me the right-ish answer and not just playing nice and hallucinating. I've cancelled my ChatGPT subscription today until/if they can ever get it back to how it was several months ago. ps.: Claude 3 Opus doesn't seem to suffer from the same issues.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New ask Hacker News story: Brother Printers Sending Ink Data to Amazon?

New ask Hacker News story: Tell HN: Equifax free credit report dark patterns